We have tons of DIY recipes for women especially for Moms but let’s not forget the guys – they need some pampering too. Store bought shaving creams are filled with harsh chemicals. That is why men should give these homemade shaving cream recipes a try. It natural ingredients will leave the skin soft and invigorated.
8-ounce glass pot/jar
1/3 cup of Shea Butter
1/3 cup of Coconut Oil
3 TB raw Olive oil
1 tsp. Castile soap
7-8 drops of Peppermint essential oil
- Mix shea butter and coconut oil in a double burner – low heat until fats melt.
- Pour into a glass bowl then add olive oil.
- Let slightly cool then add Castile soap and essential oils.
- Refrigerate until the cream starts to solidify.
- Remove from fridge and whip with an immersion blender continuously until it a whipped cream texture is achieved.
- Scoop into your glass jar/container.
- Store in a dark, cool place.
- To use: Scoop out a small amount of cream and spread before shaving.
Essential Oil Properties In This Recipe
Peppermint Essential Oil:
Aroma: Fresh, herbaceous, sharp and strong mint/menthol smell.
Pairs Well With: Basil, benzoin, black pepper, cypress, eucalyptus, geranium, grapefruit, juniper, lavender, lemon, marjoram, niaouli, pine, ravensara, rosemary, tea tree
Properties: Analgesic, anesthetic, antiseptic, antigalactagogue, antiphlogistic, antispasmodic, astringent, carminative, cephalic, cholagogue, cordial, decongestant, emmenagogue, expectorant, febrifuge, hepatic, nervine, stimulant, stomachic, sudorific, vasoconstrictor and vermifuge